Walthers Proto – Walthers Proto – Rio Grande RPO, post og reisegodsvogn
Create an authentic consist for your passenger and dedicated mail trains in minutes with HO Scale Railway Post Office – Baggage Cars from WalthersProto(R). Typical of heavyweight cars in service on lines big and small from 1914 to the 1970s, many ran as-is for decades, while others were modernized with round roofs and colorful paint jobs to match lightweight equipment. Many were later rebuilt for work train service as well. Features of the Railway Post Office – Baggage Cars include:
- 30′ postal apartment – typical of cars on dedicated mail and secondary passenger trains
- Clerestory or Arch (round) roof to match prototype as appropriate – Pullman Green, Unletered car (920-17400) includes both styles for easy customizing!
- Authentic interior with mailbag stanchions, sorting cases and more
- Separate catcher arms – operate facing either direction
- Highly detailed underbody with separate brake gear, steam traps, generator and more
- Turned metal wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts